The Department of Commerce's Economic Development Administration (EDA) has partnered with the Mississippi River Regional Planning Commission (MRRPC) to oversee and administer a new CARES Act Business Revolving Loan Fund program. This revolving loan fund provides gap financing. This program will help businesses in Buffalo, Crawford, Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Pepin, Pierce, Trempealeau and Vernon Counties. The federally sponsored money is focused on job retention and expansion, so $42,000 can be loaned out for every job retained or created. These funds are intended to help new and existing businesses and non-profits open up or expand. Loan payback terms are flexible and the interest rates will be 4%-6% on average.
To be eligible, a business must:
- Utilize the loan for equipment, working capital, or real estate
- Be located within the MRRPC 9 county region (Buffalo, Crawford, Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Pepin, Pierce, Trempealeau, and Vernon)
- Be working with a financial institution as part of a total financing package
- Demonstrate the ability to pay back the loan
- Provide equity for 10% of the entire project
Finance Terms and Conditions
- Loan sizes from $10,000 to $150,000
- Repayment terms are up to fifteen years
- Interest rates are 75% of the Prime Rate listed in the Wall Street Journal
- Deferrals of principal and/or interest payments may be allowed for up to 12 months
- Collateral is required
- Unlimited personal guarantees are required for any owner with a 20% or greater ownership interest in the business
- Up to $42,000 loaned per job created or retained
Interested businesses can complete and submit applications directly to Mississippi River Regional Planning Commission. Applications are processed on a first come first serve basis.
Please submit your application online securely using the button above. Our secure, online application encrypts your personal information including all of your supporting exhibits. Completing your application online will ensure your application is reviewed and handled efficiently.
If you prefer to print and mail your application, use the button below. You may also print and drop-off your application and support exhibits at MRRPC as well.