We are pleased to present a series of FREE small business website training sessions for small business owners and entrepreneurs!
The Mississippi River Regional Planning Commission, in collaboration with the Wisconsin Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at UW-La Crosse, will be offering FREE small business website training sessions for small business owners & entrepreneurs starting July 7, 2021 and running through May 2022.
We will be offering six core introductory sessions, three times each in-person at various locations, and once online-only. In-person sessions will be available in each of the nine MRRPC counties: Buffalo, Crawford, Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Pepin, Pierce, Trempealeau, and Vernon.
- Websites 101: Five Things You Need to Know About Building a Website
- Websites 101: Planning Your Website
- Creating Effective Content for Your Website
- Introduction to Social Media Marketing
- Introduction to Search Engine Optimization
- eCommerce 101: Planning an Online Store
We will also be offering two industry-specific introductory sessions once each online.
- Best Practices for Service-Industry Websites
- Best Practices for Food & Hospitality Websites
We will be offering four intermediate topics twice each, online only.
- Enhancing Your Business Website
- Advanced Search Engine Optimization
- ADA Compliance for Websites
We will also be offering three workshops, online. The workshops are meant to help participants learn how to set up their own website using either the Wix or SquareSpace platforms, or, if they have a WordPress website, to learn tips for managing it.
- Building a WIX Website (two, two-hour sessions)
- Building a SquareSpace Website (two, two-hour sessions)
- Managing Your WordPress Website (one, two-hour session)
The in-person sessions will include time for networking and one-on-one consulting with the presenter and with marketing students from UW La Crosse. This service is provided by the Wisconsin Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at UW-La Crosse.
Dates for the 2021 sessions with additional details and registration information can be found here.